Elopements? what is that? when did it come about? how do they take place? and more importantly, how do I know if an elopement is the best option for my wedding? are elopements in Mexico a trend with a great boom?
Well, elopements are not a new thing, they have been around for centuries. Maybe wedding elopements in Mexico are a more or less recent trend as a real wedding proposal. But we cannot deny that this idea has even left its mark in our literature and cinema, let's see two examples:
The elopements are cited in such old plays as Rome and Juliet by William Shakespeare, when the two characters because of the differences that exist in their families decide to elope.
Another more modern example of this is the plot of the movie Star Wars saga in the love between Anakin and Padme, in theory their love can not be, however in episode two they decide to elope in a beautiful place and get married without the presence of anyone but their two androids of the protagonist.
These two examples help us to understand the meaning of the word elopement, which we could summarize it, in something like, let's elope and live our love, the word in Spanish literally means escape.
This gives us an idea that it is really a very intimate moment between the couple and it is about enjoying their love no matter what others think, because the most important thing is the love they feel for each other and we must not deny that this idea just by writing it is very romantic.
The world is a magical place.
When you're getting married, you want to make sure that you're doing it in the most beautiful place possible. If you're looking for a romantic, tropical destination that's not overrun with tourists and wedding planners, Mexico is the perfect place to elope. You'll have endless options for gorgeous elopement wedding photographs, and you can tie the knot in any number of stunning locations without having to worry about crowds or getting lost in a big crowd.
Here are some of our favorite places to get married in Mexico—and why they're so great:
1. Wedding Elopements in Chiapas: Chiapas has such beautiful places to do wedding elopements that if you are deciding to do one you should take into account the multiple options that offers you to do an elopement in Chiapas. The clouds, Montebello lakes, San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas is the place with more natural places to visit.
2. Wedding Elopements in Sayulita: It is a beautiful place for a wedding elopement with a very hippie option where you could find Mexican handicrafts, beautiful beaches, exuberant nature and excellent lodging options.
3. Wedding Elopements in Riviera Maya: The Riviera Maya can surely give you an infinite variety to do elopements in Tulum, Holbox, Isla Mujeres and Bacalar if you want to do a beach elopement you must undoubtedly think of Riviera Maya.
But you may be wondering, what do you need to do an elopement in Mexico?
1. Choose a place that you both want to know and live the experiences of the place, remember that this is about you two and no one else because in a real elopement you will be only you two or at most two couples and the person who marries you, in particular I love the elopements where you are only the couple. So investigate the experiences that you can live together like wine or coffee tasting, natural places where you can visit, magical towns and things that will help you not to forget that magical place.
2. Make a good investment in a boutique hotel where to stay.
3. Invest in the flowers for your bouquet and the setup of your romantic dinner.
4. A wedding planner who is an expert in elopements.
5. And one of the most important factors is to invest in a good photographer because they will be the memories that will remain for you.
Do you want to see some real examples of elopements? Here are some elopements I have done in Mexico.
Other ideas for you
Other love stories
Love & Weddings
For us there are no borders or limits, we can tell your story no matter where you are
Victor Herrera fotógrafo de bodas en Riviera Maya, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Chiapas, San Cristobal de las Casas
Victor Herrera Wedding photographer in Riviera Maya, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Chiapas, San Cristobal de las Casas